Chinese Athletic Association
Sports Bureau of Jiangsu Province
Wuxi Municipal People’s Government
Race Administration Center of Jiangsu Province
Sports Bureau of Wuxi
Huipao Race Operation Organization
3. Race Date and Place
1) Race date: March 25th (Sunday), 2018
2) Place: Wuxi, Jiangsu Province
Half Marathon (21.0975KM)
Mini Marathon (5KM)
Marathon: Male, Female
Half Marathon: Male, Female
6. Start Time
7:30 a.m. on March 25th, 2018
7. Location of Start / Finish
Start: New Sports Center (新体育中心)
1) Marathon: Wuxi Taihu Int’l Expo Centre (无锡太湖国际博览中心)
2) Half Marathon: Gymnasium of Jiangnan University (江南大学体育场)
3) Mini Marathon: Centre Park of Lihu Lake
8. Rules of Competition
1) The competition will follow the latest track-and-field competition rules approved by the CAA and the competition rules of 2018 Wuxi Marathon.
2) Start Method: Divided start areas. According to the registration athletes in China Marathon information platform released on January 1, 2018, participants will enter their designated area.
The organizing committee will set up the race-check carpet in front of each area. Participants must be in strict accordance with the partition areas. At the start, participants must pass through both the race-check carpet and timing carpet the results to be valid.
3) Start: All participants will start at 7:30 a.m.
4) Timing Method:
1. This competition of marathon and half-marathon will use a timing chip, which will start when passing through the start (net time). The mini-marathon is untimed.
2. At the start, the finish, and every 5 km point, participants must run through the timing carpet. Those who finish the race after the closing time will not receive race results. Participants missed any timing point will not receive race results even he / she has finished the race within the closing time.
3. Participants must get their timing chip at race pack collection, along with their race bib and other items. One-time use timing chip is used in this race, and it will not be collected after the race.
5) Cut-off Time:
For the safety of all participants, traffic control will be operated in different time periods at specific road section. Cut-off time is set at some road sections. After the cut-off time, timing carpet will stop working and public traffic in this section will be back normal. Those who are unable to complete the respective distance by the cut-off time shall stop racing and leave the course, in case of any dangers. Those who drop out of the race can take event vehicle or take public transportation to the finish line. Chart of Cut-off time can be seen as below:
Marathon and Half Marathon
6) Baggage Deposit and Collection:
Participants shall deposit personal belongings by the order of bib number at designated area. After finishing the race, participants shall go to respective area for collection. Please do not put valuables in your deposit bag (such as mobile phone, identification document, cash, keys, credit card, iPad, etc.). In case of damage or loss, participants shall bear all the consequences arising.
Service of baggage deposit on race day will be closed 15 minutes prior to the race start. Please plan your time accordingly.
Baggage collection will be available before 11:30 on race day at designated areas for half-marathon participants, before 14:30 on race day at designated areas for marathon participants. Those who are unable to collect the baggage by above-mentioned time can go to the organizing committee and claim storage bag within 5 days after the race day (If sending by mailing, participants should bear the postage). After 5 days, all unclaimed baggage will be disposed by organizing committee.
7) Medical Aid:
1. Medical aid stations will be set at the start area, the finish area and on the way of the race.
2. AED first aid service will be provided along the race course.
3. Medical aid volunteers will serve at medical aid stations, assisting in medical aid and maintaining race order. Participants can ask help from these volunteers when needed. During the race, participants who lose consciousness will be entrusted automatically to medical aid volunteers for rescue, including but not limited to CPR, AED and quick transfer with vehicle, etc. Participants should bear all legal liability and fees caused by the rescue, while medical aid volunteers will not bear any legal and financial responsibilities.
8) Doping control will be conducted according to the CAA regulations and Rules and Regulations of 2018 Wuxi Marathon.
9) Other matters relate to the race competition please refer to the Official Program.
1. Marathon: At least 20 years old by race day (born in 1998 or before).
2. Half Marathon: At least 18 years old by race day (born in 2000 or before).
3. Mini Marathon: At least 3 years old by race day (born in 2015 or before).
Note: If juveniles (under the age of 18) enroll in the competition, guardians must sign the disclaimer before receiving their race pack and participating in the competition.
2) Physical requirement:
Marathon is an athletic sport of high load and great intensity over long distances. It is also a high risk athletic sport which has high physical demands on participants. Those who wish to participate in Marathon race shall be in healthy condition, have experience in running and have completed training with distance over half-marathon. Anyone who has any of the following diseases are not recommended to participate:
1. Congenital heart disease and rheumatic heart disease.
2. Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease.
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases.
4. Coronary artery disease and server irregular heartbeat.
6. Having cold symptoms two weeks prior to the race.
7. Other diseases that is not suitable for sports.
1. Maximum of 20,000 people for marathon, and 7,000 people for half marathon. If registration exceeds the marathon and half-marathon limit, lottery selection and waiting list will be used to decide who gets the qualification. Maximum of 3,000 people for mini marathon, based on first-come-first-served basis.
2. Specific registration method, application instruction, waiting list and quit method can be referred on the official website.
3. The organizing committee will inform participants to check their race number on the official website.
4. Charity Entry: 200 charity entries free of lottery for Marathon and Half Marathon based on first-come-first-served basis.
5. According to the "China Domestic Marathon and Related Athletic Events Ranking Evaluation and Implementation Method,” released on January 1, 2018 by the China Athletics Association, participants who have reached "Elite Class" are exempt from the lottery selection, and may directly receive their qualifications. Specific implementation measures are:
1) Registered marathon participants: as of January 1, 2018, in the "China Marathon" web site (http://www.runchina.org.cn) result database, participants whose marathon result certified by the CAA as an “A1-class Race” had reached “Elite Class”, can directly receive their qualifications.
2) Registered half marathon participants: as of January 1, 2018, in the "China Marathon" web site (http://www.runchina.org.cn) result database, participants whose half marathon result certified by the CAA as an “A1-class Race” had reached “Elite Class”, can directly receive their qualifications.
6. Participant who used to have any 3 qualifications in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Wuxi Marathon can get a 2018 Wuxi Marathon qualification.
7. The organizing committee will allocate qualifications for Invited participants, official pacer, sponsors, cooperative partners and official media.
4) Registration Fee
Marathon: ¥160 RMB / person or $25 USD / person;
Half Marathon: ¥160 RMB / person or $25 USD / person;
Mini marathon: ¥80 RMB / person or $15 USD / person;
Charity Entry: ¥1600 RMB / person or $250 USD / person.
10. Award Method
Top 8 male and female athletes (gun time) will be awarded (RMB, Unit: Yuan):
Within but not including 2:13:00
Within but not including 2:33:00
Including and after 2:13:00
Including and after 2:33:00
Within but not including 2:15:00
Within but not including 2:36:00
Including and after 2:15:00
Including and after 2:36:00
Within but not including 2:17:00
Within but not including 2:40:00
Including and after 2:17:00
Including and after 2:40:00
2) Half Marathon
Top 3 male and female athletes (net time) will be awarded (RMB, Unit: Yuan):
3) All awards above are required to pay a personal income tax of 20% of the award money. Prize winners will be awarded within 30 work days after the race (Participants with doping test can get their award after the test result publish).
4) The top three marathon male and female participants will be awarded trophies and medals.
5) Every finisher can get a finisher medal (Marathon) or commemoration medal (Half marathon).
6) Mini Marathon have no result and rank.
7) Finishers (besides the top 20 finishers) can check results and download finisher certificate on official website 24 hours later after the race. Split time, gun time, net time will be listed in the certificate. Without a complete record from all timing points, result will not be qualified for final ranking and participants cannot get the finisher certificate.
8) Within 5 working days after the official announcement of race results, participants can file objections to the race results by contacting the organizing committee and providing real and effective evidence. Top 20 finishers must wait until after the publication period to download their certificates.
Video recording are monitoring on the entire race course. Participants will be punished as disqualification from the race immediately, barred for race for 1 – 2 years or the life and Chinese Athletic Association may put additional punishments if runners committed any of the followings:
1) Misrepresentation on age when registration.
2) Racing with two or more than two timing chips (including one participants carrying timing chip of the other gender).
3) Not following the start order and start at non-designated area.
4) Against the rules when starting.
5) Continuing racing after cutoff time or re-enter the course after dropping out of the race.
6) Not racing along the course. Shortcut or taking public transportation.
7) Racing in relay.
8) Crossing the finish line repeatedly or not completing the whole distance but crossing the finish line to get finisher medal.
9) Forging bib number and timing chip, using bib number of other races with timing chip of this race to finish;
Passing the finish and getting the medal without wearing timing chip and bib number.
10) Unauthorized alteration of bib numbers and transferring bib numbers and race wristband.
11) Uncivil behavior.
12) Other behaviors against the rules.
Insurance will be provided to all participants and race relatives. Guarantee slip is based on the registration information. Any wrong registration information will lead to the failure of insurance and the register should bear the responsibility.
13. Technical officials and referees are assigned by Chinese Athletic Association, Sports Bureau of Jiangsu Province and Sports Bureau of Wuxi.
14. Contact Information
Official website: wuximarathon.com
The organizing committee of Wuxi Marathon reserves the right to interpret the regulations.
Organizing Committee of Wuxi Marathon
December 15th, 2017